Pizzaiolo

Woodstone pizza ovens

3 posts in this topic

Anybody using Woodstone pizza ovens? I would appreciate any info on how well they cook thin crust New York style pizza? I have been using Blodgett for years and planning on getting a Woodstone for my new location. Any thought pizza makers?

Spent some time looking at Woodstones including a day in their test kitchen north of Seattle.  They were very gracious.  We ended up buying one of their charcoal ovens to cover our grilling needs (the Josper, which is awesome) but decided to go with Mugnaini for our pizza oven.  Mostly because we wanted pure wood (not gas or gas with wood for show) for marketing reasons and the look of our show kitchen.  For comparable sizes, Mugnaini is MUCH cheaper, they use an Italian design and import the actual oven bricks from Italy, then construct them into an oven here.  Around here, lots of restaurants use Mugnaini and they are happy.  So are we now.  Been in use 4 months, averaging about 75 pies a day, plus other specials like cedar-plank salmon, etc.  Works great, cooks really hot.  You will need a good and reliable wood supplier though to provide you a cord every 2-3 weeks, split small and dry, clean and without bugs.

-Jim

hello roosterchef,

Ive been researching the Josper by woodstone oven grill. Since you mentioned that you purchased one,  I wanted to get some insight from you on how it is working out in your restaurant.  If you could answer a few questions for me i would GREATLY appreciate it.  

Which size grill did you purchase?

How much wood/mesquite do you use per 5 hour?

At what point does the temperature drop in the oven? and when it does, how do you fuel it during business operation? 

Overall, what are your thoughts of the grill? is it worth the $20,000?

I understand that you may be busy, any insight you can give me will go a long way for me.  Thanks!

Neem

nimamahani@gmail.com