m0dE

Why are Lavu's menu item buttons unresponsive?

Question

For example, when I am sending orders for 3 budweisers, I prefer tapping on them 3 times consecutively instead of tapping once and changing the quantity to "3".

Problem is, when I rapidly press on budweisers 3 times, Lavu only registers budweiser once.

Is there a way to fix this? I've never had this issue with Aloha. My bartenders are very frustrated with this.

I've also uploaded a video on Youtube to demonstrate this:

Thanks,

5 answers to this question

Hello J,

We have been working on this issue. The performance, particularly the responsiveness of rapid menu item selections, has been dramatically improved. These improvements will be rolling out in the next version of POS Lavu (2.3.6) which should be out within the next few weeks. The version after that (2.4) will continue to implement improvements throughout the order interface and splitting check functionality.

I have included this youtube video as a demonstration of the above stated improvements:

Thank you,

Lucas L

Hello, 

Thank you for posting on our forums and getting us that video. The buttons just aren't processing all the taps. It's too quick. You would need to wait a second in order to press the button again. The screen just isn't registering the tap fast enough. 

David Miles 

Lavu 

I can see that, but I need a solution to this.

Again, it becomes very difficult for the bartenders serving drinks at a very fast paced environment. We never had this issue with Aloha.

This is one of the main complaints (aside from slow loading speed & intermittent printing) from my bartenders.

I noticed that this is a very common problem with people that have given up on lavu: http://www.merchantmaverick.com/pos-software-reviews/pos-lavu-review/

I am also at verge of converting back to Aloha... Last Wednesday was our wing night (most popular in my town), and it was a nightmare. My bartenders were ready to walk out because of the frustration Lavu has caused.

Lucas - that video looks fantastic!!! That sort if response time is urgently needed!!! Please release that version of LAVU as soon as possible :)