Andrea Lea Parrish

Who wants to help a POSLAVU Newbie business get oriented?

4 posts in this topic

Hi! Appreciate any comments the forum can offer us! Before we launch into using POSLAVU fully, I have the system set up so the staff can play with it and get to know the features. We have have been keeping a list of questions that we could use answers for from seasoned users if they care to assist us. 
1) No Sale - is the first question we had as the cash drawer we purchased does not even have a trigger to open in case of a power outage (bought the one recommended). If we need to get in - how do we do so?

2) Icons for Menu Items - Nice we can add pics to them BUT that is tedious and time consuming to add one to every menu item. I note that it uses the first 4 letters of the description in place of no image (bad) - but prints the item fully on the receipt (good). On a IPad screen in a hurry the hunting an pecking will take some time to get used to but it would be nice to make those elements more recognizable. Could use some suggestions 

3) Till In and Out - Is it possible to till in and out via the back end? If not, can the Ipad be brought home (trust me we are a small business) tilled out and reset for the next day? (MY husband IS NOT tech friendly). 

Thanks for offering direction and sharing info with us! We look forward to being an active participant in this forum! 

Andrea Lea Parrish 

The Little Crane Cafe 

Necedah, WI 

Hello,

No Sale - You should be able to turn the key in the drawer to open it. One direction should lock it, the middle position should allow normal operation and the other position should unlock it.

Icons - You should see the name there as well. I also guarantee that after using it for a few days you will be used to where everything is.

Till In and Out - POS Lavu is not like a traditional register. You don't need to run a Z report to clear everything out at the end of the day. All the sales numbers will be available for the current day on the iPad or for any day by visiting admin.poslavu.com.

If you need anymore help let us know!

I am also moving this topic to the support forum.

Hello Andrea, 

Thank you for posting your questions on our forums, and for getting ready to go live with POS Lavu. That's very exciting, and I can't wait to hear about your location and POS Lavu. Rafael seemed to answer all the questions you posted, but feel free to continue posting often. Also, if you wanted to talk with one of our support members before you go live, feel free to get ahold of them and ask as many questions as possible. 

David Miles 

Lavu 

There is the open register button on the top right of the screen.  I don't like to keep my key in the cash drawer during the day, so you might find the button more useful.