farho

Upgrade from Retro

Question

Has anyone upgraded to a newer version from Retro since last years fiasco?  We are wondering if there will ever be a stable new version out there. 

3 answers to this question

Nope - have tried each new version and cannot run them. Battery life is the main issue - even ipads which are plugged in eventually die (can't understand how that is even possibe). 

I would be very much interested in knowing what the split between retro and anything above that is. 

Anybody else? Or perhaps someone from Lavu could shine some light?

We run retro and a local server at one restaurant. Works fairly well, except it was not accurately calculating sales tax (check your numbers! We overpaid almost $10,000 in taxes because Lavu can't take 8% of a number, but I digress.)

At our new location we run 3.1.3 with no LLS and it is terrible. Items disappear from tickets, tickets disappear, then reappear. I honestly can't believe how bad it is. How could anyone use it?

Going in today to load up retro for the new restaurant. If that doesn't fix it, I'm really not sure about paying for a server at the new place. Probably will scrap it all. 

I've completely given up. Moving to a new POS in the next few months. Lavu has had enough time to play catch up but they are not interested in the slighted.