zinque

Tips pooling calculator

9 posts in this topic

It would be great if there was a tips pooling calculator included in the App. 

All the information is already in Poslavu.

For each employee we would be able to enter how much they are getting a full share of the tips (for waiters and bartenders) or 15% for example for bussers. 

Poslavu already knows who worked which shift (with clock in and out) and what the total was for credit card tips. 

Should be able to pull up a report that tells us how much each employee should receive for each shift.

Employees would just print that report at the end of the day instead of spending sometimes 30 minutes figuring-out who gets what.

Then there would be an option to send that info (and the hours worked) to payroll processor ;-)

Hi Zinque, 

This is definitely a great request. I've always thought an employee pool would be a great addition. With the job roles set, it would be great to be able to place a percentage of tips to the user. Then get a report at the end of the night that would tell management how much to tip out. I imagine one obstacle would be to get users who don't place orders (hostesses) the correct order associated with their tips. 

Although an integrated tip calculator would take a little work, but get the same results :)

David Miles 

Lavu 

Not really an issue. That would be for places that pool tips. It does not really matter who placed the order. At the end of the night for example bussers and hostesses get 15% of the tips and waiters share the rest.

Right now we print a spreadsheet and they enter the values for each waiter. But there  should be a much easier way to do this as all this data is already in the system.

How is everyone else doing?

Hi Zinque, 

I see what you mean. Everything else is coming along really great. We are pushing out the reports systematically, which I think is going to work well for a lot of clients. It's very exciting. 

David Miles

Lavu

I want to upvote this post so hard.

As a reseller working with a large brewery community, all tips in these business are pooled. We've attempted a workaround whereby we have users called "Cashier 1", "Cashier 2", and "Cashier 3" to distinguish the amount of pooled tips to be disbursed at the end of each shift (Cashier 1 = first shift, and so on). However, if we were to try and pay employees their card tips in their paychecks, this method is absolutely unworkable and a huge mess; the server sales w/ tips report using a date range doesn't break out the date, just sums all Cashier 1 tips for the range, and similar lack of detail on the reports would require 10 reports being pulled, a helluva lot of deduction being used, and an unwieldy spreadsheet.

Lavu, you got the information right there: Who's on the clock and when the card tips are being rung in. Bring those two things together in a report or a FOH calculator, and make some magic. I can save every brewery in San Diego (84, at last count) so much headache if I can tell them we have a pooled tip calculator.

Make this happen! I'm working on this issue right now at a Lavu user site, so, you know... like... today would be rad.

Southwest, you know you can vote at the top of this post, correct?

I am surprised there are not more votes for this feature.

I agree that it does seem very easy to implement. All the info is there and it is just a very simple calculation. Maybe someone can do it using the API?

I've had several clients ask for this as well. Any updates on this?

It appears as if a portion of this is done and in the backend now with class profiles being available.

Thanks,

Hunter

Hello Everyone,

We do not currently have any implementation of pooled tips in Lavu. This is a feature request and the basic parts of this (tipout rules, employee classes, etc) are being created and implemented. This is a large kind of request so it may take some time to be fully realized in our reporting system.

I appreciate the feedback and I'll add this information to the feature request.

We have tried a few different spreadsheets/forms for tips and tip outs.  Anyone willing to share theirs?