Guest David Miles

The Importance of Reports

6 posts in this topic

Hello Lavu Community, 

I want to thank you all for being a part of our community and posting on our forums. I wanted to start a general conversation about the importance of reports. As a cloud based point of sale Lavu POS is always evolving, and that will include improved back of house and frontend reporting. So let me ask: 

- How do reports help you as business owners? 

- Why are they essential? 

- What is the most helpful report? 

Any feedback is welcomed and encouraged. I look forward to hearing from our awesome clientele. 

Thank you, 

David Miles 

Lavu 

I would like to see sales by month similar to the sales by date so that we can see at a glance monthly trends.

I think that anyone dealing with or programming restaurant numbers and reports would find the NRA publication, The Uniform System of Accounts for Restaurants, a very good place to orient themselves to industry best practices in reporting and accounting.  The book was the first place we referred to in making inhouse spreadsheets to find some order to the chaos that came with the Lavu reports vs our previous Aloha reports.  Like many other industries there is accounting structure already used universally to compare and track.  Lavu reports must bear a resemblance to that structure.....please.

Hello, 

Thank you both for your feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to do that, especially because of how important reports are. 

bkrgrl3, I looked at the Uniform System Accounts for Restaurants. It looks really clean. Really useful. I think you will be excited about the route the Lavu Dev Team is going with reports. Without giving away too much, the new reports do resemble some of the aspects listed on the link I visited. Big things coming. Please stay tuned. 

David Miles 

Lavu 

My Accountant would like to have access to a server summary report. With cash sales, cc sales, cc tips and super groups all in one report.

My Accountant would like to have access to a server summary report. With cash sales, cc sales, cc tips and super groups all in one report.

Hello Hi 5, 

Thank you for the post. Some big things are in the works for our reporting side of things. Please remain patient. Our clients will be pleasantly surprised when the revamped reporting hits their accounts.

David Miles

Lavu