mlarson

Tax included help

Question

Hi Everyone!

Couple of questions.  I run a brewpub, so I want to setup the system to have tax included on beer, but not included on food and merch.  I set the category for Beer to include tax.  I found 2 issues that I am unsure how to solve.

First on the receipt I now have 2 lines for tax, one for included and one for not included.  Customers are confused.  Any way to combine into one line?

Under reports it does not show me my tax liability for Beer (tax included).  I tried the new Tax report and same thing.  Is there anyway to have a Tax report that includes both ways of calculating taxes?

Thanks!

Mark

3 answers to this question

Hello mlarson,

Thank you for your question! Are you using the latest version of the Lavu App (2.3.10, available now in the App Store)? If so, please do the following to eliminate your customer's confusion:

• In your Control Panel, navigate to Settings > Advanced Location Settings
  • Scroll down to the Accounting Settings section
  • Enable "Hide 'no tax' line when no tax applies to order (2.3.10+)
  • Select "Always" from the "Display included tax breakdown on receipts" drop-down menu
  • Click Submit at the bottom of the page
  • Reload Settings on all devices

The above process will result in your receipts having the tax breakdown without having the "Tax: 0.00" line.

Could you please expand on what your reporting needs are? I am not completely grasping what you need in that regard.

Thanks!

Currently we are closing comps to a "payment method" that is created because some of our discounts need to be taxed. There is only one option for discounts to either include tax or exclude tax. Does this mean we are currently paying tax on items that are meant to be comped?

Hello Frescos,

If the check is discounted 100%, it will not be charged tax. If it is paid by the created payment method, then it will charge and report tax.

Let me know if you have any questions.