justcuzido

Report on items and item notes

2 posts in this topic

The item notes can be (and are judging by what I read in the forums) used by many people for many different things other than their original intent of kitchen instructions (if you are a bar that doesn't serve food, there is no kitchen). I would love to be able to run a date-range report that lists each (i.e. a detailed report, not some summary report) item note along with its server name, order number, item name, item quantity, item price, and date/time information.

All of the current admin reports seem to be only summary information... and there is no way to see any detail for any order without using the POS app (as opposed to the admin web app) to look things up. It would be great if there were detailed reports... such as a date-range or order number range dump of all details for all orders and all of their order items. If this was also exportable, then much analysis can be done and the data used in many different ways.

Similarly, it seems the only place on the backend (web interface) where I can click on an Order ID and get full details (item notes) is on a Transaction report.  It would be nice to get that by drilling down on a sales report better yet to be able to have a search function to find transactions based on notes that were inputted during the sale