harleywhite

Refund Options

7 posts in this topic

Hello!  I'm new to the community, but after having some issues and ideas, I thought I'd join.

But I have a suggestion that I don't see already that would help out tremendously.

The ability to refund without having to open the ticket, delete something, then refund it by the current method.  A refund button that I could push, enter an amount or an item and it automatically be negative would be great.  And the ability to do that to credit cards and cash would be great, too.

Thanks!

I kind of agree with this. It would be nice to make the refund process a little easier. At the same time the current system is nice because it is tied to an order.

I think this option should be made so that you can select either an item or enter a price and you should need to enter an order number so that it keeps all your accounting in check.

Hello Harley, 

Thank you for becoming a member of our online community, and for posting on our forums. This is a good idea, and I will submit a feature request now. Our development team does look at this thread, so please vote above. And if other users woud like to see this in a future version of POS Lavu, please vote as well. 

David Miles 
Lavu 

Wow, responses!  Great welcome!

I love that refunds are tied to specific orders as well.  But once in a while I need to be able to give a refund when we don't know what ticket it was tied to.  Or you just need to give a refund.  Particularly if I have an upset guest and I'm trying to make it right.  If they have to wait for me to find the right ticket, they get madder at the wait time.  Or for various reasons and what have you.  But I figured I'd suggest and see what you all thought.

Thanks for the welcome!

Hey I get where your coming from.

Maybe there could be an option that would simply start a new order for the refund (it would only be the refund on there) to help track everything.

Hi Harley, 

Thank you for posting again. I've read every single post on our forums, and make sure that our users know that they are being heard. So please post often, and keep giving us great ideas on how to improve our product. 

And I completely understand about having to make angry customers happy. When I was a barista, and I made a mistake on their beverage, I just wanted to make it right quickly and send them on their way. It would just give them more time to be angry if they had to wait while their order is being found. 

David Miles 
lavu 

If an order has been batched, can you reopen it from a previous day and refund it?