eckenroed

Quickbooks Online Integration

30 posts in this topic

Like a large majority of business owners nation wide, we use Quickbooks to manage our company. Quickbooks is the #1 accounting tools for small to medium businesses. Quickbooks also has some API's that allow 3rd party services to connect. 

I would LOVE to see some integration on POS Lavu's part for integration with Quickbooks. Mainly I would love to be able to "export" certain data to quickbooks such as credit card and cash sales so that we can save time. 

Quickbooks also has a payroll module, and it would be nice as well if we could push the hours that employees worked right into Quickbooks for the purposes of payroll. I know POSLavu has integrated with Fido, but we do not use that service and instead use Quickbooks. 

Hopefully other community members would love to see Quickbooks integration as we would and will vote for this :)

For those Lavu customers using Avero for business intelligence and reporting, we can offer a custom Quickbooks export to save the time and effort of transferring the data manually.

Check out www.averoinc.com for more information or to schedule a demo.

Hi Guys, 

Ben, you're absolutely correct. Quickbooks is a great tool, and many of our clients use that software. It is an efficient accounting software, and many clients do export most of their reports. Fido is also another great tool for our clients, but if we had a direct integration with Quickbooks, many of our clients would be thrilled. If other community members would like to see this, please vote above. 

Thank you, 

David Miles 
Lavu 

+3 votes for QuickBooks integration!  I'm a bookkeeper and Lavu would gain considerably more customers if the integration was available. The managers of one of the restaurants I keep bought Lavu thinking that the integration was already available. :( Now they are scrambling, having to continue to manually add their sales into QuickBooks just like before. They want to save time.  I don't mean to have this sound like a rant. Ultimately, we want POSLavu to make it available for its customers to create a custom export txt file that is already formatted to be received by QuickBooks as an IIF file. Having to format a QuickBooks IIF file using Lavu's export options right now is very time consuming and not worth the effort, unfortunately. We would LOVE integration. Thank you for the consideration.

help me understand, what happens when you export a file from Lavu and then import it into quickbooks? Will quickbooks not accept the file?

I just got word from FIDO's co-founder that they are no longer offering service integration with Lavu.  Anyone know why?

Hello,

We are unsure why FIDO decided to discontinue integration, they were never really in contact with us after the initial integration was complete.

On another note, we will be working to overhaul the report system soon and hope to incorporate quickbooks integration into this overhaul.

Thanks,
Rafael

Yes, we vote yes to Quickbooks integration! Can't wait to hear when that is done. :)

Yes, we vote yes to Quickbooks integration! Can't wait to hear when that is done. :)

We will be sure to keep you guys updated, we know that this is important to many people. We have some really great plans for the new reports!

Hi guys! I've removed some off-topic posts from this thread. On the subject of Quickbooks, I can say that we are working on the major overhaul of reports, and one of our goals of the project is eventual Quickbooks integration. Stay tuned for more information as I receive it!

The new reports are out and quickbooks integration was supposed to be a part of it. Is that coming?
In general, is Lavu looking at this forum to decide which features to integrate in priority?

The inventory module for example has been requested for almost 2 years now, and has a very long thread with a lot of votes. It would be great to have some update on this.

THANKS!

Zinque actually brings up a good point. Lavu has worked hard to develop a robust community of users to share experiences, ideas, and improve the overall system. While some of the great ideas in the community have found their way into the system, there are dozens upon dozens of features that current paying users would love to have, while other features are rolled out that some paying users simply have no use for. 

It would be interesting to post a sticky or something on here as to what the process is that Lavu uses to select what features will be integrated next. When Lavu creates their development schedules in their team meetings, what's the process for features and improvements? Exciting ideas that sound neat or useful? Features you have seen from other POS systems? Features that users or resellers have requested in person? Features taken from the community forums? I know based on the the announcement of upcoming features there are a lot of things coming up soon that are in the community, and that is awesome.

However, considering the people in the community are the most involved in the system, perhaps making sure that every release version of Lavu, something from the community is always included in the release might go a long way. It doesn't have to be a big feature, it could be something as simple as a new report, or a small tweak, or an extra option on a particular setting.

Again, UserVoice would be a GREAT solution to really get the most accurate count of what features are most important to all the users as well as to specific sub-sets of users based on the type of location they run. Just an idea.  

eckenroed couldn't have said it any better +1

Now that Lettuce which is a very good inventory app is being acquired by Intuit (AKA Quickbooks).  I seems a more interesting fit to have LAVU integrated with these online apps. What do you think guys, does it makes sense to you or not?

+1 for quickbooks integration with Lavu! We have recently started using quickbooks and integration would be one less thing to worry about!!

We are currently beta testing our Quickbooks for Windows integration. We hope to release it as soon as we finish testing on it.

Hello Zinque,

Our first integration of Quickbooks will be the Quickbooks for WINDOWS version. This is by and far the largest and most used version of Quickbooks worldwide. Quickbooks Online would be next, but it is a significantly smaller portion of the overall Quickbooks user base.

Thanks, Daniel. That is probably true for the rest of the world, but I would not be surprised if most Poslavu customers use Quickbooks Online.

Hello Zinque,

Based on our research internally and talking to customers, we felt this was the best first choice. Quickbooks Online should be integrated sometime in 2015.