floundies

Quickbooks Integration

Question

I was trying to post this as a reply in one of the many open threads asking for Quickbooks integration but this new site isn't allowing me to reply to threads.  Trying a new topic:

I am using Shogo for my integration into Quickbooks.  It's costing me $30 a month, which is a bit expensive. But it also averages out to less than a dollar a day for me to NOT have to enter my daily sales receipt. They are a lot more responsive than POS Lavu has been.  If they build out their business analytics, it will be worth the price. Having said that, this is a feature that's a NO BRAINER for POS Lavu. I feel like we are missing so many features that I deem necessary: QBOnline integration (Quickbooks for Windows, really? Online version HAS to be more popular!), fixing LavuToGo, Gift Card and Loyalty Program integration.  We have been customers for 3 years and find it sadly not keeping pace with our customer's demands.

5 answers to this question

It's actually been great. Set it up once, and forget about it. But again, this should be included in Lavu's offerings. And they have been talking about it for 2 years now. Ridiculous. But as for Shogo - highly recommended. It saves me a bunch of time. It is worth $1 a day to me at this point. Their service was extremely quick and helped me get setup in less than 2 days. Their replies were within minutes. Highly appreciated what they had to offer.

Hi Floundies,

How is Shogo working for you so far? I'm about to open a new location and I really like Lavu, but I also think that Quickbooks or Xero integration should be a Lavu feature already.

Thanks for the fast response.

So apart from that, would you still go with Lavu if you were to open your restaurant now?

It looks like a great POS system, but after checking this forum I'm starting to have some doubts.

I would seriously examine all of the other options out there if I were to be starting all over again. Because we already paid the main license fee, we probably wouldn't switch unless we saw something that's amazingly better. I have not looked at other options, but I am just disappointed at the speed of development. I am hoping there's a lot of activity behind the scenes, but we haven't seen much of anything in terms of features. Things that were promised still don't work or are half-assed: loyalty integration with our merchant services, Lavu2Go online ordering (terrible and useless), integration with QuickBooks (complete custom reports aren't even done yet after almost a year... we still have to use "old" reports to get some data we need).  Having said that, it's been solid for the most part - reliable and doesn't crash on us in the middle of a big night. (Offline mode was added recently that has saved us on more than one occasion). It's just tough because theres never any feedback from Lavu about future developments and what they are NOW working on. Like, ever.

I've been looking for QBO integration since we started on Lavu in early 2013.  Can you provide a link for Shogo?

I feel your pain on some of the other stuff.  Seems crazy that we still have to use version 1 reports to get customer counts, server sales with tips by payment method (for more than one server at a time), etc.  Plus we still run on Lavu Retro because we kept losing so many tickets on version 3, although to be fair, we haven't tried since we downgraded earlier last year.  On the upside, the new reporting is great if you are trying to do ad-hoc drill-down analysis of your sales.  So it's a mixed bag.

To Pablo:  if you read any user community forum for any product, you'll mostly find people talking about the problems they have with the system.  Who's got time to log in and write how wonderful everything is going, right?  It's kind of like Yelp, it's mostly the pissed off people who take the time to write.  That said, Lavu is more modestly priced than the bigger names with better developed products, like Breadcrumb.  So it also depends on what you can afford whether Lavu is the right choice for you.