zinque

Optional modifiers in Togo

Question

Why is it that optional modifiers are not showing when a customer is ordering on Lavutogo?

Am I missing something?

Thanks

8 answers to this question

Hello, 

The optional modifiers would need to be enabled in your Lavu ToGo backend. There's a box you would need to check for them to be visible. 

David Miles 

Lavu 

Zinque, 

Anytime. It's always great seeing you use the forums. Please continue posting often. 

David Miles 

Lavu 

Ok, I have another question. How do servers or bartenders know that there is an order that was just received and that they need to send it to the kitchen?

It seems to only be showing in "open orders" so they don't see under the table layout. Am I missing something?

Hi Zinque, 

We do have the notification system, which comes via text or email. This is the only way to be notified for the time being, but that could change. I've submitted an enhancement for device notification, but that could take some time to get into the software. 

David Miles 

Lavu 

Zinque,

With an iPad, you can link the "Mail" app with the notification email. Then adjusting the settings for Mail to auto-push. This isn't great, but it's a good work around procedure until Lavu adds a better notification utility to the app.

-Preston

Hi Preston,

That seems like a good workaround. So far we don't want employees to use Safari or Mail on iPads, but we might change that.

Has it been very reliable for you? Do you ever miss orders? 

Do you have multiple iPads? Do you push the mail to all of them?

Thanks.

I have been waiting for lavu Togo to become fully functional for well over a year now. The work around you just mentioned was something I was also considering. I'm just afraid to miss an order. No one is going to use it if it may or may not work. I'm curious what you experience has been with it.