ROYALTE Solutions

New Scheduling Feature w/ 2.1

Question

Hi POS Lavu Team,

Just wondering how the scheduling feature is going to work with version 2.1. For example if a server is scheduled for 11:25am - 8:00pm can they clock in before 11:25 or after 8:00pm? I guess I am just wondering what benefits scheduling offers at this current stage. Thanks.

14 answers to this question

At this time the scheduling does not interact with the app in that way.

I think what we are seeing right now are the building block for something much bigger.

Hi mCowell, 

Thank you for posting on our forums. This is something that the team is still working on. This is one of those requests that needs a lot of work to enable, and they want to make sure it's solid before it's sent out. 

David Miles 

Lavu 

Scheduling is in it's infancy. It will grow in future releases. you have to start somewhere. 

For scheduling and Time Clock to work right, I would like to put in the following recommendations. 

• Have the scheduling be a two week window, not a 1 week window. This way if it's friday, I can make next week's schedule without having to erase the current week schedule. 
  • Allow "tags" or "categories" of users. For example, I would like to say this user is a "Security Staff", and this other user is a "Cook", and this last user is a "Server". Let us create our own user lists. Then let us choose one or more user roles for each person. (this sounds hard, but really it's not that bad). Then we can see what roles we have filled and what roles we do not on our schedule.
  • Using the Tags above, I would like to be able to say "user with role "Security" does not need access to POS, just time clock". So when they punch in their PIN from the exit server screen, instead of having to tap "time clock" and then punch in their PIN again, it simply opens a relatively blank screen with their clock in or cancel button.

Furthermore, to really improve the timeclock system....

• When a user enters their pin, instead of getting a simple prompt, give them a screen with some info. Like their current hours for the week..and the pay period...regular and overtime. Then have a button on there that is a punch in or punch out. Have a "messages" stream kind of like a 255 character twitter feed where management can push info to users via the clock in/clock out interface. Allow users to send requests for days off to management from this screen. 

Kind of jumbled there, but you get the idea. A more robust time clock and scheduling system can make running the place much easier. :)

Hi Ben, 

Thank you for posting this. I'll copy and paste it now, and send it to development. It's little things - like having a two week time frame instead of one - that really helps our developers know what would benefit users the most. Our head developer did manage a restaurant when he was in his twenties, so I'm sure he would know why this would be beneficial. But it's good for him to get reminded. 

David Miles 

Lavu 

By the way, a bug in scheduling....

The "select time" has 12:00pm twice. One of those should be "12:00am". 

Another thing. Our club is open until 2:00am. So I need to be able to schedule someone from say Friday at 6pm until Saturday morning at 2:00am as part of the Friday shift. I think need to be able to go in and schedule them on Saturday from 6:00pm to sunday morning at 2:00am. The dates probably aren't important, so just give us the option of having weird times in there. 

(although it would be nice if at the end of the week it gave us a total # of hours that person is scheduled to work). 

Also, in the "two week" thing. Instead of "this" and "next" (unless you plan on having the system flip flop them so that "next" week becomes "this" week when a week ends, maybe just color code them. So "Green" and "Blue" for example. Then we can say "we are on blue schedule this week". Again, my mind isn't clear so these ideas aren't as good as they could be. But you get the gist. 

Hi Ben, 

Thank you for posting. I'll submit a bug report now. Also, I'll include the minor tweeks you just mentioned, so they have a better idea of what users are asking for. 

David Miles 
Lavu 

Hi Ben, 

I just double checked our scheduling section. It looks like there are two times for 12:00. One am and one pm. Where did you see that 12:00pm was written twice? 

David Miles 

Lavu 

I wasn't able to see that screen shot. I don't think you hit apply. Will you please do it again? 

David Miles 
Lavu 

This would be a nice feature, as labor is the main cost of the service industry. It would be even better if there were a way for it to interact and report against sales so you are able to run a complete cost analysis through Lavu, rather than putting one together yourself. Of course it is not difficult to do, but if it was all bundled together, it would allow for a quick check of where you were actually at that day with total cost compared with total sales. 

The lack of this feature has actually made me implement another program, ShiftPlanning, to be used as a scheduler and time clock. It would be neat if those were able to communicate for the same reasons I mentioned before. Any plans on integration, or is the idea first to set up everything through Lavu?

Hi Luke, 

Thank you for posting on our forums, and for being a part of the Lavu Community. You're right, this is a very important feature. Sales vs Labor is a feature request that has been submitted. There are a lot of users who want this in a future version of POS Lavu. Right now we are fine tuning the scheduling feature in our product. Once this is finished, we will start working on other requests. For Labor vs Sales, the foundation of the scheduling side will really help our dev team get the ball rolling on this. 

David Miles 
Lavu 

David, if you refresh the page I edited the image to be a link instead. I couldn't get the image to display properly. 

Hi Ben, 

Thanks. I got it now. I will submit this now. It is a relatively easy fix, so it should be taken care of pretty easily. 

David Miles 

Lavu 

Hopefully this thread is still "alive".  We have been open about a month and are starting to use the scheduling feature.  I saw this post by Ben.  Has a feature been added to the scheduing so we can see how many hours a person is scheduled?

Thank you.

(although it would be nice if at the end of the week it gave us a total # of hours that person is scheduled to work). 

Also, in the "two week" thing. Instead of "this" and "next" (unless you plan on having the system flip flop them so that "next" week becomes "this" week when a week ends, maybe just color code them. So "Green" and "Blue" for example. Then we can say "we are on blue schedule this week". Again, my mind isn't clear so these ideas aren't as good as they could be. But you get the gist. 

Hi RBuzb,

At the moment the system does not calculate the total projected hours a person will work. However, I have submitted a Feature Request in your name to push the issue to our development staff.

Please feel free to share any other suggestions you may have!

Thank you.