Faye@meritage

New KDS ???

Question

What is the projected date for the new KDS that was shown as a sneak peek on Facebook?

20 answers to this question

Hello Faye, 

Thank you for posting, and being a part of our forums and facebook network. I do not have a specific date range for the KDS shown on facebook. We are currently working on it, making sure that it will be a viable option, as well as getting Lavu staff to test it in house. This is something that we will need to solidify before sending it out to customers, but we are very excited to make it happen. 

David Miles 
Lavu 

I wouldn't mind testing in my restaurant. To have some live restaurant testing :)

Hey guys,

We are currently testing KDS in a pizza chain and it is working really well. We just have a few more minor details and logistics to work out. I don't have an exact ETA but I would say it will be closer to weeks rather than months.

Please note that because of how KDS works it does require Local Server. Implementing it without local server will not be possible for a bunch of technical reasons.

Thanks,

Rafael

You saying that the new KDS requires LLS?

This is different than it is now..

The original KDS will still be available, it does not require LLS but is limited to what can be seen on an iPad which is 3 tickets.

The new KDS (KDS Pro) requires LLS. With KDS Pro you will have the option to use a traditional bump bar or an iPad as the bump control. You can use whatever size monitor you would like as long as it has an HDMI input and you can display anywhere from just a few tickets up to around 24 (we are still finalizing that).

Also just to be clear, there are technical reasons that KDS Pro requires LLS, we are not limiting it to LLS customers just because we want more people to use LLS. There is now basically a "KDS Server" that runs on LLS to power all of this.

Hey with the new KDS Pro are you required to have the small computer things with every single monitor? If so how do I get them here in AU?

Hello,

You do need one for each monitor.

Please contact Zephyr Hardware (www.zephyrhardware.com) for ordering information.

Thanks,

Rafael

Hi Faye, Zephyr hardware should have these available. Please contact them for more info.

Thanks

Shipping to Australia is almost the same cost as two of the computer devices, looking into a cost effective way of getting them over here. 

Shipping to Middle East/Asia is even worse - $300 for Bumb bar & Controller, $250 for shipping !!! Isnt there an easier cheaper way to get these to us in Asia?

Hello international folks.  I will consult with your customer service rep to verify they have priced your shipping with USPS.  They most likely figured fedex or ups which is always a lot more then usps.  I will discuss with everyone and have them reach back out to you.

The other good option that we utilize with a lot of our international customers are utilizing their preferred freight forwarder who always have the best rates.  Free shipping to continental USA.

I just confirmed we can ship a lavu controller to any country via USPS for $30.00/ea.  A bump bar/lavu controller combo cost is $68.00/ea via usps.  For larger quantities please contact us so we can price out according to best shipping method depending on box dimension/weight.

Quick questions from a customer that currently has 5 KDS screens and bump bars.  

1. Will POS Lavu be able to handle 5 KDS screens (just want to be sure)
  2. Can orders be categorized on the KDS menu categories (burgers, paninis, Entrees, Apps, etc.)

Thanks for the help team.

Quick questions from a customer that currently has 5 KDS screens and bump bars.  

1. Will POS Lavu be able to handle 5 KDS screens (just want to be sure)
  2. Can orders be categorized on the KDS menu categories (burgers, paninis, Entrees, Apps, etc.)

Thanks for the help team.

Still have not seen a reply from anyone on this.  Would love to hear other peoples experiences with the Lavu KDS Pro setup.

Hey Matt,

1. Yes. The system should be able to handle many more than 5 screens with no problem.

2. No. It appears just as it would on a ticket.

Thanks,

Rafael