Pizzaiolo

New IOS 9.2 newest lavu version

5 posts in this topic

Anyone using the latest of everything: New IOS 9.2 newest lavu version? What is your experience? Im stuck on Retro and 8.4.1. I would like to use all the new features. Thank you! 

Hello Pizzaiolo, the iOS is different from the versions of Lavu. Currently Lavu Retro is on 2.3.14, and Lavu 3 is at release 3.0.3.  The latest iOS release is 9.1, if you are a local server location then I would check to see if an LLS update is required first before update.

Sincerely,

Errol.  

I'm sure Pizzaiolo is aware that there is different from the versions of Lavu as he has said he is on Retro and 8.4.1 . . . . as am I. 

I have tried iOS 8.4.1 with Lavu 3.0.3 and it was just as bad as 3.0 and 3.0.1. We are a busy coffee shop and restaurant serving around 2000 customers per week and it was a nightmare. I couldn't believe some of the problems from 3.0 were still present: the battery drain our iPads will not sleep on anything above Retro therefore they are dead around lunchtime! this does not happen on retro as they can still be on 70% at the end of the day. In fact even our terminals which are on charge all the time will still end up almost dying, I didn't even think that could be possible! 

Also there is still the issue with multiple orders on tables, it is possible to select an open table and end up starting a new order instead of adding to the existing order. Then all the other problems which are still present in 3.0.3 such as orders not auto closing on check out, tickets printing out random characters instead of tickets, the open/closed order sections being useless. We have 4 tableside iPad minis. If I hit closed orders on all 4 of them after lunch time they will all bring up different orders. Some from weeks ago and some from the current day. 

I have informed Lavu of these issues and many others and they have not been address, the fact that they are still around and being reported by many users is unbelievable considering 3.0 launched at the start of the year! I have written to Rafeal through the forums about this and I am still waiting for a reply from two weeks ago. 

I'm not sure how much longer I am prepared to wait for things to improve as the past 8 months have been night and day compared to when I first signed up with Lavu last year. I was excited about new features and loved the reliability of Lavu but now I am stuck on Retro and dread the day when I have to buy a new iPad which comes with iOS 9 already installed. 

Thanks mww101!

That's exactly what I wanted to know and not being fooled by not knowing the versions.

I've been with Lavu since the beginning and I'm almost at the point of giving up. The reason I'm still with Lavu is because I have my businesses for sale and dont want to invest on other licenses. Lavu=stress, loss of revenue ?

I'm not quite sure what to do as I need something long term and I am extremely worried about the future of Lavu. Everything over the last 8 months seems to be just grinding to a halt . . . perhaps someone at Lavu can shine some light on where things are going?