eckenroed

Modifier Groups (Forced & Optional)

6 posts in this topic

We have started rolling out more optional modifiers to our menu items. We have created several groups, however because of our menu options, we have to create many more optional modifier items than is necessary. 

Modifier Groups exist for Forced Modifiers. I would like to see Modifier Groups for Forced Modifiers. 

For example, I would like to make a modifier group as such

Meats:

1. Ham
  2. Bacon
  3. Steak
  4. Sausage

a second group as such

Cheeses:

1. Cheddar
  2. Provolone
  3. Pepper Jack
  4. Cream Cheese

I would then like to be able to make a group called "Meats & Cheese" and select these two existing optional modifier groups. 

The reason for this is because we offer cheese on several of our menu items. However, We don't offer meat on certain items. So we have to make multiple optional modifier groups and put cheeses in more than one item and link back to the inventory. 

This makes our list of Optional Modifiers much longer than it needs to be because some items are in more than once group and require several entries. 

I would love to be able to make optional groups such as "Veggies", "Meats", "Cheeses", "Condiments", "Sweet", "Drink Additives", etc... and then add as many groups to my optional modifiers. 

How would this look on the app? 

Either combine them into one panel of tiles alphabetized. Or better yet, show the optional modifier group names and then when they tap they go into that group. It provides some logic for sorting when looking at an item that might have a TON of items.

SIDES

We offer a side of certain items at a discount (and a smaller portion size) than if you were to order it. For example, if you wanted a Side Salad to go with your dinner, you can get a slightly smaller salad for only $2. However, if you order a side salad on it's own, it's a lot bigger (to fill you up) and it's $4. 

Because Lavu has no way of restricting an item from being placed on a ticket until another item has, we have to add a SIDE Salad to every single modifier group. We have 10 site items actually, so we have to add 10 side items to every optional modifier group. As a result from having 10 different optional modifier groups that means we have 100 extra line items on that page. 

As you can see, if we could have an optional modifier group called "Sides", then it would be easier, because we could just link to it from the menu items/groups. 

Hello Ben, 

Thank you for posting on our forums. This is another good feature request. Having the option for an optional modifier group would help many of our clients. It would also reduce the amount of optional mod groups an account needs, because there wouldn't need to be a super optional modifier that has many optional modifiers on it. I will submit this as a request. 

David Miles 

Lavu 

David,

Do you have the option of merging threads? If you do, I would discuss the idea with your support team. There are several sets of threads that are on nearly identical topics that could be merged. That would reduce the number of overall threads making it easier for people to find what they are looking for when browsing existing topics. Just food for thought. 

Hi Ben, 

We do have that option. I'll go through when I get some free time and try and condense all of the threads. You're right, it would make things a lot easier, and cleaner to have like threads together. 

David Miles 

Lavu 

we just started using Lavu and we are in the same situation with multiple sides. Optional modifier groups would be very helpful and better for inventory. What amazes me is this request was made two years ago and it still has not been implemented.

I would love to have the option to do alphabetical order on modifiers just like we have on the main menu items.

It would be nice to be able to select happy hour pricing on each individual modifier. We have the ability to apply happy hours to modifiers as a whole but being able to select individual modifier items and apply different happy hours would be very helpful.

Charlie