Pizzaiolo

LoyalTree

24 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

I haven't heard of any users using Loyal Tree yet, but I am anxious to see how they implement with POS Lavu. What kind of discounts they create, and how they are going to keep users coming back. Since the smart phone boom, there has been new tech shifts which include customer incentives. This fits perfectly with the tech of POS Lavu. It's very exciting. 

David Miles

Lavu  

I just set it up today and we'll see how it goes. I will let you guys know :)

I like the idea of no punch cards or print out promotions waste of paper and nobody brings them in. I think this is a good start. You can sign in with your Facebook twitter and for their birthday they get a notification "happy birthday, come celebrate with us for a free dessert" Example: Build 100 points and get a 1/2 priced bottle of wine(check your liquor laws) they don't like to promote liquor. Every dollar is 1 point.

Loyal tree doesn't charge you a monthly fee, but they charge you 1% of the scanned receipt which is no good when someone spends 200 dollars in a check sitting down. The good thing about it is that only print on the receipt after payment is made. The scan code doesn't print on the check. You have to enable "print receipt by default" in the backend under advanced settings. So you can decide to which customers to give the receipt with the code to scan. I'm only going to use it for my to-go business for now.

Anyway I'm just going to test it out and see

How exactly does it integrate with Lavu? Do you have to enter in information or anything at the time of checkout?

Hello WhenInRome, 

Thank you for posting. I think we all are very interested in how this turns out. Please keep us posted every couple of days, and tell us what works and what can be improved. I appreciate you taking the time to keep us informed. If you ever need something from me, don't hesitate to message me on our community. 

David Miles 

Lavu 

Hello Rafael,

Nothing until someone redeems the code. Customers decide to scan or not scan the code. first time signup I did 20% off their check. just to get them signed. after that is earn 100 point to get 1/2 price bottle of vino. Under discount types now there is a LoyalTree discount option. When someone says I have earned enough points for your promotions and you use that 5 digit code under discount types.

It won't work if the code it's not valid. You also have a whole backend to see everything. Who signed up/ age.

Uses all Facebook info.

See screenshots below

post-11-0-35912000-1359581814_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-30370800-1359582480_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-19696800-1359582490_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-25236000-1359582500_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-54890400-1359582508_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-66826600-1359582637_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-59424800-1359582646_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much for that post! All the screenshots really give me a better idea of whys going on. I'm going to do a little more research on them now. Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks

WhenInRome, 

Thank you for posting this, and for getting us the screenshots. I appreciate you taking the time to put up the screenshots. LoyalTree is going to be a great addition to our product. I'm looking forward to hearing how it works for you in the next couple of weeks. 

David Miles 

Lavu 

Just heads up though about the receipt printing proccess is REALLYYYY SLOWWWW. The wheel spins for about 5 secs. Between trying to proccess the company logo and the LoyalTree code it takes a bit, but I think it's worth it to have a professional looking receipt check and return customers because you offer the service. I'm also in USB printers because of not liking cables all over my Restaurant. I should invest in Ethernet interfaces for my printers to speed the proccess a bit.

Hi WhenInRome, 

Thank you for posting that. I do recommend an ethernet printing setup for all users. It is faster, and seems more stable for most locations. For the printing with Loyal Tree, I will see if there is anything I can do to get it tested now. Then we'll be able to get this to dev. Thank you for getting this info to us quickly. 

David Miles 
Lavu 

FYI, LoyalTree only supports the Star Micronics printer using Raster Graphics, currently.  Epson will not work.

This won't help anyone using the currently issued Star Micronics TSP654 however I spoke with Star Micronics today and they will be updating the TSP600 printer series in Q2.  The printer will have increased print speed moving forward, however if the print job is a large file it may still be a little slower than we would all want to see.

We got an account up and running on Loyal Tree earlier this week in Washington DC.  So far they are loving it.

Loyal tree is a great addition to the POS Lavu system and is a great differentiator. The fact that it has ZERO up front costs and a small 1% redemption fee means that it only costs you if someone scans the QR code and thus you capture the demographic info on your patrons. I have a client who will be up and running next week and I will let everyone know how this go.

Just heads up though about the receipt printing proccess is REALLYYYY SLOWWWW. The wheel spins for about 5 secs. Between trying to proccess the company logo and the LoyalTree code it takes a bit, but I think it's worth it to have a professional looking receipt check and return customers because you offer the service. I'm also in USB printers because of not liking cables all over my Restaurant. I should invest in Ethernet interfaces for my printers to speed the proccess a bit.

Wheninrome,

What is the make and model of your printer?  Just wondering what you are using.  

I do think that if you hardwire the printer to the network you will have better printing speeds but the more graphics added to the print job the slower it will be as you have stated.  I do believe that LoyalTree is a great addition and I have been waiting ever so patiently to be able to offer a loyalty program that is integrated.  I have several customers that are looking forward to implementing it.

Keep up posted on how things are going.

Hello Mcowell,

I use both TSP650 and Epson Tm-t88v. I use the star for receipt only. I like epson for kitchen printers. Anyway the setup was really easy. You might want to setup in the advanced settings to ask if you want to print receipt or not that way you can save paper. You don't want to waste paper printing receipts for a table of 300 dollars or for a 80 years old guy that doesn't know what a smart phone is.

Cheers

wheninrome,

Thanks for the information.  Is yours a TSP650 or is it a TSP654.  Just curious as it was stated above that the TSP654 would not work with LoyalTree.  I am going to test it out on my demo account to make sure and report back.  As far as I have heard as long at it is a POS Lavu supported Star Micronics printer it should work.  Again I will test this out this week and provide more info for those that have the TSP654.  

LoyalTree really seems like a nice way to track the demographics your clientele.  I can see the reports being highly valuable and help to determine how often patrons visit your location.  All in all I think it will really be a great selling point for POS Lavu.   

I noticed the last post was February 2, 2013. I am looking into LoyalTree and I downloaded their app onto my iPhone. By all appearances only 4 companies are using Loyaltree and, even when I search "When in Rome" your store does not show up. I clicked on one of the 4 stores (Crazy Mocha Coffee Co) and went to the retailer's website. The website had a Loyaltree link but the link returned an error message. I've also called Loyaltree headquarters and the phone doesn't ring. Is this company really viable? I don't want to switch my current loyalty system for a sketchy one. Any thoughts?

Hello Kauffy Shop, 

Thank you for posting. LoyalTree is a fully integrated partner with POS Lavu. I've talked with a couple of clients who are really happy with them, and make use of LoyalTree regularly. They are a legit company. I'm not sure why their phones weren't ringing, but I imagine that they would be able to have a rep contact you about options. Did you try sending them an email? 

David Miles 
Lavu 

Pizzaiolo,

How is your experience with Loyal Tree going? Still using it? I would appreciate any feedback for some of our current locations in need of a loyalty program.

Thanks,

Shaun

We've been looking at LoyalTree. Like the idea and the fact that it's integrated with our POS. However, we are also finding very few, if any, restaurants in the area actively using them. Also, the rep we talked to indicates that the 1% of scanned receipt fee structure is no longer being used.....it is now, according to him, a fixed monthly fee, regardless of use. Has anyone else talked to LoyalTree recently? Are any of you seeing it being used in your area?

Hi,

Collect Rewards has a fantastic loyalty system that works worldwide. I met with the CEO a few days ago and they are keen to integrate with LAVU.

They will need minimal LAVU Developer assistance and access to the Customer Management table fields via the API. Check it out here and please let LAVU know that you would prefer to use Collect Rewards! www.collectrewards.com

We are not affiliated in any way but saw their system in action - blows you mind - and so good for both business owners and customers.

We really need to add these third party integrations in to LAVU to keep the software up to date and relevant in the hospo marketplace.

Hi all,

It seems that Loyaltree is definitely charging close to $100 a month for use of their loyalty program, regardless the revenue the results from it or whether its a hit for customers. As a manager from a small business, we simply cannot afford to have such high overhead. When I talked with a Lavu employee about it, it seems that the Loyaltree policy change had taken then unawares. Given when Loyaltree used to be, I can completely understand why Lavu wanted to have such close ties with them. Now, not so much.

We'll be looking into Collect Rewards, but if Lavu has alternative suggestions for loyalty/gift card programs that would be a better fit for our business, we would love to hear them.

Best,

Sean