Guest David Miles

Lavu Pilot

Question

Hello POS Lavu Community, 

We have an update for our latest reporting app. The name "CoPilot" was too similar to a non related product from another company. We have decided to rename our reporting app to the Lavu Pilot. It will still be a stellar, mobile reporting app, but the name will be different. 

I appreciate everyone who contributes to our online community, and wanted to keep you all in the loop. Communication between Lavu, and it's users and distros is very important to us. If you have any questions or concerns, please email or call our support team, or message me on the forums. 

Thank you, 

David Miles 
Lavu 

11 answers to this question

Why does Lavu Pilot include taxes in the sales? Many clients think of the App as useless because of this.

Joe

It is not useless however I completely agree with jojacinc, the taxes need to be broken out from gross revenue.

Joejacinc, I can certainly put in a request for this. Thank you for the feedback.

Why does Lavu Pilot include taxes in the sales? Many clients think of the App as useless because of this.

Joe

While I would certainly agree that Pilot could use more option, I hardly think it is useless.

I actually prefer to track my sales with sales tax. It might not be the proper thing to do accounting wise but the way I look at it is, that is my money until I have to pay that bill the next month.

I have clients who love Lavu Pilot and understand taxes are included. They love seeing the sales and I setup super groups so they can see the sales by category. Lavu Pilot is not perfect however it has some great features. Once taxes are broken out it will be a near perfect "Quick" look at the days numbers.

It sounds like the tax information is still useful, but users would like to see it separated from the sales information. I can certainly let development know! Please also let me know if there are other features y'all would like to see for Pilot. Thanks!

Hello Joe, 

Thank you for posting on our forums, and for using the online community to give us feedback. The Pilot is meant to be really easy, and really basic for our users. This is what the first version was all about, just getting an easy reporting app for our users. We will continue making improvements. If you can think of more constructive ideas about improving any of our products, please let us know. 

David Miles 

Lavu 

Useless was a harsh word I'm sorry. That was not the right word to use. I use it everyday to check some of my restaurants, but I use POS reporter on my phone as well manly because

Useless was a harsh word I'm sorry. That was not the right word to use. I use it everyday to check some of my restaurants, but I use POS reporter on my phone as well manly because of it not including sales tax.

Thanks so much.

Joe, 

You're a good guy. We know that you weren't saying it was completely useless. But you wanted to stress that it is a tool that could do more if there was more info sent to it. We wanted it to be really simple. But we also want it to be affective, so there is always room for improvement. 

David Miles 
Lavu 

I just installed Lavu Pilot Apps on my iPhone, but I found the problem when I open it, the date on this Apps is delay (it's show Dec 31 as current date). How can I fix this problem?

Ps. is it possible to change the currency symbol? if yes please advice how.

Thanks

Hello Sue, 

Thank you for posting on our forums. I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Once you've done that, double check all of your date time settings for your iPhone. 

For the currency, it should default to whatever you have set in your Lavu Back of House. 

For more troubleshooting techniques I recommend contacting our support team at support@poslavu.com

Thank you, 

David Miles 

Lavu