Guest David Miles

Lavu Local: MacMini

Question

Hello POS Lavu Community,

Thank you all for making our Community a viable, effective place for users and distributors to find information on POS Lavu.

I wanted to post on the forums that the required hardware for the Lavu Local Server is a MacMini. We do not support the Local Server running off an iMac or MacBook or any other product. We would like the server to have one purpose, and that is POS Lavu. With this in mind, if you have installed LLS on another piece of hardware, Support will not be able to troubleshoot.

If you have any questions or concerns, please email or call support as much as possible, or contact me through the Community. And I encourage you to post on our forums often, and to put information into our User Guides.

Thank you,

David Miles

Lavu

8 answers to this question

What processor, ram, HD and OS are the minimum requirements for running LLS.

Charlie

I would buy the newest Mac Mini model available however the lowest configuration should be fine.

LLS uses very little resources

How do i get an LLS ? I raised a ticket with POSlavu and tried calling them didn't get any response. Can you direct me the direction towards it?

Also does it always does  iPad - > lls -> cloud or only when cloud connection goes down it connects to LLS?

Thanks

Hello Rejeshv83, 

The first step would be to purchase a Mac Mini, non server edition. After that, please send a support ticket to our staff. We will send you detailed instructions, as well as the most recent download. The install process takes a couple of hours, and it would need to be done during the establishment's down time. All orders should be closed out, so the initial sync will not have any issues. Also, please schedule a time Monday-Friday, so our support staff can call in extra support in case issues arise during the install. 

Also, please keep in mind that your monthly hosting will be adjusted to $99. This will go into effect once the local server has been successfully installed. 

Thank you, 

David Miles 

Lavu 

Thanks David. I know i am repeating the qn but, once i install LLS all my transactions / orders will go through LLS into cloud and not directly into cloud and failing back when the network is down correct?

Hello, 

Exactly. The LLS will save all of your data. Then, it will do normal syncs up to our cloud. If the establishment's internet goes down, then the orders will be synced once the network is back up. The account will still be able to process orders. Keep in mind that integrated credit card processing will not go through if the internet is down. I recommend having a third party terminal on site as a failsafe. 

David Miles 
Lavu 

Please help me understand why with LLS in a cash transaction why there is a delay at all. The above explanation seems inaccurate  No internet connection would be required if LLS processed a cash sale locally.It would only require connectivity to sync to the cloud. This would increase transaction time to instant if no credit authorization was involved.

The way it appears to work is all transaction data is sent to the cloud regardless of type and is later stored on the mac mini. Meaning the speed of the system regardless of LLS is still based solely on the internet connection.

John,

The app interacts with the LLS as if it was the cloud server. This means there is still come communication going on between the LLS and App to complete the transaction so it is not going to be instant but should be pretty quick.

We are working on something that will make everything on that app nearly instant. We can't give out any more info right now but we will post more info as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Rafael