roosterchef

Lavu 3.0.1?

Question

RafaelT, you told us to expect improvements on the 3.0 problems in 3.0.1 and closed the 3.0 discussion topics.  But then I think you need to give us some idea of the timetable for 3.0.1.  Being a beta tester in a live environment is a worrisome thing for most of us.  So that means most of us will wait for someone else to take those hits and bruises.  Therefore, to help us decide whether to regress to Lavu Retro or wait it out in 3.0:

1. What is the forecasted release date for 3.0.1?
  2. When will the 3.0.1 Beta be available if we are willing to test it?

Thanks,

-Jim

6 answers to this question

Hey Jim,

If you were to sign up as a beta tester and install 3.0.1 that is currently available through that program, it would be the same version that we have submitted to Apple for approval. We are currently waiting on Apple to approve 3.0.1, as soon as they do it will be released, I would anticipate early next week, but it could always be sooner.

Additionally you can always delete the beta version and use Lavu Retro or Lavu 3.0, you are are in no way locked into the beta version.

You should expect a few small releases over the coming weeks to address any issues that are found.

Thanks,

Rafael

We are already beta testing v3.0 for you guys and now you give us the option to beta test 3.01?  The current state of the v3.0 is unacceptable.  My guests are suffering due to your "ready to release" v3.0 and in turn my businesses are suffering.  I am currently paying Lavu thousands per year to alienate my customer base and irritate my management and employees.

The only responses we get from Lavu is "Your crazy, no one else is having problems", "A new version is coming out SOON that will fix the problems that no one is having" and my favorite, "You can download and beta test our v3.01", insinuating that we aren't already beta testing software for you right now.

The reality of business is whatever you sell, from food to software, HAS to be what you are promising.  When you over promise and under deliver, you quickly won't have any customers to sell anything to.

I thought you were better than this Lavu.  Just keep on with the "Deny till you die" attitude I guess.  A lot of customers aren't going to stick around for round 2 of something like this.

Can we get an update on 3.0.1?  In your comment on 3 June it was supposed to be the following week, but when we checked the Apple store yesterday it still listed 3.0 as the current version.

-Jim

Hello,

I will speak with development tomorrow and see if I can get an answer for you.

Thanks,

Rafael

Any word on the 3.0.1 update?  I have been running the Retro product and it's slow and rather unstable at times.  The lack of communication or the erasure of posted info does not lend confidence in PosLavu's software development prowess.  Please remember that the POS Lavu product is mission critical for restaurants who use it.  For me there is a growing question mark on the value of the system if it can't handle the basic business logic.

Hello,

I did get an update today, Apple has approved the App for developer release.

We make it a rule not to release at the end of the week, just in case there happen to be any issues with the update. You will most likely see 3.0.1 appear in the app store on Sunday afternoon or Monday morning.

Thanks,

Rafael