thariq

Kitchen Buzzer

33 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Has anyone had any experience using a kitchen buzzer for the TSP650 with Lavu? I just installed the integrated buzzer (BU01-24-A) for the TSP650 which connects to the accessory/cashdrawer port but the buzzer doesn't seem to go off when a kitchen ticket i sprinted. We have a noisy kitchen and some staff with short attention span problems and so a buzzer is a needed feature.

I am not sure how the buzzer interface works and if it requires Lavu to send a prompt to buzz in the same way as it prompts the cash drawer, or if it is done on the TSP650 end to buzz on all printouts.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thariq

I have been asking for this for over a year now.

I use Epson printers and even bought the buzzer. I sent the technical info to POSLavu and everything.

Basically all that needs to happen is to have the cash drawer open command sent with each kitchen ticket.

Maybe if enough people ask for it we can get it done...

Hi Guys,

I wasn't aware that there was a buzzer available for our printers. We don't have one in the office, but this would help kitchen productivity tremendously. I'm going to talk with the higher ups and development, and see if we can get the ball rolling for this. I'll tag "Thariq" and "Rafael" from the forums, but if more users chime in it will look better.

Thank you,

David Miles

Lavu

Hey David, you can add both End Zone locations to the list of customers who want this feature.

I will email you shortly with some technical documentation on the implementation of this as well.

Thanks Rafael,

I will add the names to the feature request tonight when I get on. The more users attached the better.

David Miles

Lavu

I would also like to see a kitchen buzzer option. It is my understanding that POSLavu is going full force forward to work with Star printers - not Epson. For this reason we have ordered and used Star printers - namely TSP654 and SP742E.

Super,

Thanks for all your posts today! We definitely want the buzzers to be integrated with POSLavu. I just want to say the Star 650 and 700 series printers are legit, and support is very familiar with them, so troubleshooting over the phone would be easy.

David Miles

Lavu

David, add my name to this feature request as well.

Hi Marz,

I just added your name. The more users that ask for features, the more likely they will be put in the software. POSLavu would like to put every feature request we get in, but it does take time. If you can think of anymore requests, the forum is a great way for me to get that information.

David Miles

Lavu

I accidentally gave this four stars instead of five. Not that it'll make a difference but is there a way to change your vote?

Marz,

I don't think so, but I chimed in with a five, to make up for it :)

David Miles

Lavu

I accidentally gave this four stars instead of five. Not that it'll make a difference but is there a way to change your vote?

Marz,

I don't think so, but I chimed in with a five, to make up for it :)

David Miles

Lavu

I just made it so you can change it. Just click again.

Thanks Locomotion,

Will you please rate this feature from at the top of this post? The more users that get involved with the voting the better.

David Miles

Lavu

For everyone's information.... I sent an email to Star on this and got the reply below... Guess the ball is in Lavu's court on this!

--

Thank you for contacting Star Micronics!

Unfortunately, the TSP650 doesn’t have the “buzz on cut†firmware function like the SP700. This printer needs to receive a command to operate the buzzer, which must be sent directly from the POS software in iOS environments. I would normally recommend configuring this function in the printer driver as an alternative, but iOS doesn’t support standard printer drivers at this time.

I understand there’s already a discussion going on in the POSLavu forums here: http://www.lavuforums.com/index.php?/topic/210-kitchen-buzzer/

We’ll reach out to our contact at POSLavu to see if Star can offer any help in implementing this function quickly.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Thank you and enjoy your day!

Toshi Suzuki

Star Micronics Southeast Asia

Hi Thariq,

We understand the ball is in our court. Our developers try and put in as many feature requests as possible. If more people vote on this, the more likely it'll be put in. Thanks for posting that email.

David Miles

Lavu

3dsports is interested as well. Where are we with this?

3dsports, 

This feature request has been submitted, and we are anxious to make it into a future version of POS Lavu. I haven't heard of a developer being assigned yet, but this is something that we are pursuing. 

David Miles 

Lavu 

Definitely an excellent request - if the option is there I suspect every install will use...

Hi All,

Has anyone had any experience using a kitchen buzzer for the TSP650 with Lavu? I just installed the integrated buzzer (BU01-24-A) for the TSP650 which connects to the accessory/cashdrawer port but the buzzer doesn't seem to go off when a kitchen ticket i sprinted. We have a noisy kitchen and some staff with short attention span problems and so a buzzer is a needed feature.

I am not sure how the buzzer interface works and if it requires Lavu to send a prompt to buzz in the same way as it prompts the cash drawer, or if it is done on the TSP650 end to buzz on all printouts.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thariq

Great idea!!!!! How about buzzer through Iphone.........Iphone people. let the servers know that there order is ready so we dont have to ring the bell

Kiemray, this is a little bit different from what your thinking. This is about a buzzer on the kitchen printer that will alert the cooks to a new ticket.