Fredo3000

KDS crashing at least once every service

Question

Hi,

I'm using poslavu since a few weeks.

I have 2 kds. They both crash at least once every service at different moments. When we reopen kds there's no more orders.

The poslavu app is running on an ipod touch.

It's annoying to have to resend every missing orders in the middle of the service cause we can't take orders when we do it and it takes time. Also the not crashed ipad receives the orders in double cause there's no way to specify which ipad to send to.

Is there a way to fix it ?

Regards

30 answers to this question

Hello jeanjan,

Thank you for using this forum, and being a part of the POSLavu community. I will try and recreate this crash with my KDS and iPod, to see what is causing it. Besides the devices being used, are there any other details you can give me? We're there any abnormalities with the orders being sent?

Are there any users that have experienced KDS crashes like this? Also, jeanjan, have you submitted a ticket to support about this issue?

Thank you,

David Miles

Lavu

KDS doesn't crash for me per se, though it periodically stops receiving orders from the POS ipad (this might be related to the tickets not printing issue that a lot of other people have). I don't believe it is a connectivity issue. It needs to be closed, removed from the home bar and reopened.

One question I had today while using KDSLavu was if it was possible to have flexible heights for line items on the KDS display? For example if the menu item name is a single line the height compresses a fixed 1-line height (some space on either side, but not as much as right now). If there are notes/comments changes to the item then it remains the standard height.

We often get longer tickets (we do delivery) and it would help us to see things at a glance in most instances instead of needing to scroll through to make sure nothing had been missed.

Thanks.

support answer :

We are working towards the release of the new KDS version that will not get overwhelmed and crash.

I do not have an estimated release date right now, but I believe it will be soon.

Another detail is when you touch the arrow to make a ticket disappear it can take like 5 seconds before the ticket actually disappears.

Okay, Thanks guys.

Jeanjan, I will put the KDS through the runner with my iPod touch, try and overwhelm the program to make it crash, then I'll see what orders disappear. I know that our development team is working on a new KDS version. If I send a bug report to them with a specific crash, it helps them out. Thank you.

David Miles

Lavu

Is there a way I can send you the crash log ?

It's very random and I think it's gonna be difficult to reproduce.

How can I be notified of all the products update ?

Jeanjan,

That would be amazing, and a lot of help to me and our development team. Will you please email that to support@poslavu.com, and in the subject line put in "attn miles." I appreciate you taking the time to do that.

As for the updates, I try and put something on the forums the minute something hits the app store. The higher ups are talking about putting a message board in user backends, which would focus specifically on updates, system upgrades, etc. But, until that happens, I think the best way to get new information is through the forums.

David Miles

Lavu

The action logs are available in the backend, under {Activity Reports}.

Now you will need to specify the date that it happened, and find the order number. You could either export this information, take a screen shot of the order(s) that were dropped, or copy and paste. Then, our development team can look into your account and find all the information of the dropped order.

Once again, thank you for the effort and energy you're putting in to help us.

David Miles

Lavu

That shouldn't effect the information you send me. What ios are you running on your mini?

What OS you mean ?

Snow Leopard.

But I have to sync it with the cloud before I extract the logs, no ?

Okay. Snow Leopard is legit. You will need to sync it up to the cloud before you extract the data.

jeanjan, in regards to being notified about updates...

In the News forums ( http://www.lavuforums.com/index.php?/forum/16-news/ ) toward the top right of the page you will see a button that says Follow This Forum. If you select that you can be emailed instantly when new news topics are posted.

Thanks Jeanjan,

I'm going to respond to you through our ticket system :)

David Miles

Lavu

Thanks for getting that info to me, Jeanjan.

I got it into the right hands. This is a huge help.

David Miles

Lavu

KDS crashing after update to version 1.4 can't start KDS crash from the beginning

Hi Beethoven,

Did you just update to the current version of KDS?

David Miles

Lavu

Hi,

I updated to KDS 1.4. Pretty intense when 30 min before service KDS lavu was crashing when i tried to launch it.

To update, this is what I did :

. Remove completely KDS lavu.

. Reset the ipad with hard reset (holding home + sleep button until the apple appears)

. install KDS lavu

It wasn't very busy tonight but none of the KDS crashed.

Thanks for the update.

Jeanjan and Beethoven,

I checked with development on this subject and it seems that some users may find that upgrading KDS in the app store may cause the app to crash upon launching, and uninstalling and reinstalling will resolve the issue.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience you both may have had, and thank you for bringing it to my attention!

It's ok thanks all. Now I have other problem. faild to write to a printer 5 seconds time out

Beethoven,

Please do three things for the time out.

1) unplug your airport express, wait ten seconds, plug it back in. The green light will reappear after a minute or so.

2) check the cords.

3) turn the printer off, hold down the feed button, turn printer back on, after ten seconds release the feed button.

Please let me know if this helps. If you need to call support, don't hesitate,

David Miles

Lavu