Odettes Eatery

Items Disappearing off Orders

Question

Hi,

We continue to have issues with Lavu. A lot of food and drink items on bills go missing off the bill after the order is sent and made in the kitchen. We actually had one table that came back in to pay after they had left because we had undercharged them by $61 because their desserts and final drinks were not on the bill!

This also happened at the bar where two guests ate but only their drinks appeared on the final bill. Luckily i personally took their order so I added it back on at the end, but this is hard to keep track of on busy shifts.

How can we get this resolved? This has been happening for a number of months now.

Dataname: odettes
LAVU Version: Initially 2.3.13... and now 3.0 BETA
Qty iPads: x2 Terminal iPad4, x2 Ordering iPad4 and x1 iPad Mini all running iOS 8.3
Printers: Epson TM-T82II for receipt and drinks, Epson U220 in Kitchen

5 answers to this question

Hello,

This is a very unique issue and one that has not been reported by other locations. We can definitely look into this issue with some more information. Do you have any specific order #'s that this happened on? We will need to see these in order to track which orders had an issue and what the timeline for issues was.

Please send this information to support@poslavu.com and we will investigate the cause of this issue.

We have seen this behavior to.  Ticket is sent to printer in the kitchen, food is made and served, then it disappears from the order in the cloud.  Most of the time my staff have been able to catch this, but we are trying to track this issue down (how and when it happens.) 

We've had issues of items disappearing off tabs/tables using 3.0. This happens when a server opens a tab/table on an ipad before it has a chance to communicate to the cloud to see whether there has been an update to that order. Whatever was put on the tab/table by the previous server becomes lost somewhere and the items added by the current server are saved to the table/tab. When the previous servers ipad updates itself all his items are erased and only show the items added by the server who just inputed entries are shown/saved.

This is a problem for us because at times we have large corporate groups that come in and open a single tab for groups upwards of a 100 people. We have four bartending wells that each have their own iPad and people are ordering at each station adding drinks/food to that single tab. You still can't open a single tab/table on multiple ipads. But the problem arises if orders are being pulled up before that 10 second window to get an update from the cloud.

I don't know if there is a way to program into Lavu that if a tab/table is accessed it pings the server to see if there has been any changes made to the tab/table and then update the order accordingly. Or program it so that if an order has been accessed recently it won't allow it to be open on another iPad for 10 seconds until it has had a chance to update it's information. The best would be if the cloud could handle two simultaneous updates and combine them eventually.

Sorry for being long winded, but it's very hard to describe these issues in writing!

Another issue I'm worried about now is that in the case of an outage; if we are adding items from multiple iPads to a single tab, when the cloud come back online, will the cloud be able to take all the updates from several different iPads and combine them into that single tab efficiently?

I am experiencing the same issue, my clients keep calling me about this problem.

for example:

table 6 is taking order with 5 items of food, and 6 items of drinks, and server send it to the kitchen from tableside device, unfortunately in the kitchen section received just 4 items of foods ( short 1 of food ) in the tableside iPad is showing no printer error.

but when they pay the bill, all the items is completed (5 foods and 6 drinks)

sometimes the issues is happened as vice versa.

Will Lavu Retro give any solution?