marz

iPad Mini

Question

Is anyone running POSlavu on an iPad mini? I'm a Lavu Gold subscriber and am using two iPads and several iPhones to take orders. Will I be able to add an iPad Mini?

4 answers to this question

Hello! The iPod/iPhone as well as the iPad version of the app will work on the Mini. If the iPad version is used, the device will count as a terminal, and if the iPod/iPhone version is used, it will count as one of those devices. If you'd like to check out the ongoing thread about iPad Minis, it is HERE! Thanks!

Hi Marz,

Thank you for posting on our forums. I know that SteveAnderson and Zinque have used the iPad Mini, and have given it a glowing review as Sarah pointed out above. I'm sure that if you messaged them, they wouldn't mind giving you a rundown on their experience. Or, better yet, if they used this thread to keep us updated on how it is performing. I haven't gotten my hands on one yet, but I've heard nothing but positive remarks.

David Miles

Lavu

I have wanted to use the iPad as a remote device, but have been unable to.

Loading the SW on the iPad (we used a mini, and that works just Fine with no noticeable downside to the smaller size) removes the "checkout" button, and feature, from the remote.  With a silver license as we have, you are only allowed one terminal, and the ability to perform a checkout is how this is enforced.

Sarah posted that you can use the iPod SW version with full functionality, which sounds great, but I haven't been able to do it. Any clarification would be appreciated.

Hello Mark,

You can use the iPad in tableside mode. This will remove checkout functions, manager functions and clock in/out functions.

In order to use checkout, you will need to use an iPad in terminal mode.