zinque

Inventory

50 posts in this topic

A quick update about runfido: I am very happy with what I am seeing so far. Have only worked on the inventory module, but it is very comprehensive. You can enter all your items, vendors, etc. It then creates a purchase order with quantities suggested depending on your par levels. 

You can then review, and email purchase order directly to vendor from the system. 

Then when you receive your order, you can just pull that purchase order, see if what you received matches and just enter the invoice. It will then be added to your inventory. It is all very intuitive and complete and a lot of thoughts has been put into it.

- Support has been great, answering my questions, fixing almost immediately a couple issues that we noticed, and even creating test purchase orders to illustrate.

- The main "issue" right now is that entering inventory and invoices on an ipad is very slow using Safari. But they are working on an app for this part of the program. When that goes live, it will be a huge improvement and will allow bartenders or managers to enter inventories quickly, and for kitchen to receive.

- I have not linked the inventory to Poslavu yet to see how well it works in depleting it according to recipes and sales. But I should have time to do this in the next couple days and will post an update.

YES PLEASE!!!  We have been requesting these changes for over a year!!

David,

Can we get an update on what Lavu is doing to fix these issues? I noticed this forum is over a year old and I am unaware that any of these issues have been addressed. Sure we could pay for a different software to link with Lavu, but I would really like Lavu to be capable of fully tracking inventory. 

Specifically I would like to know what the developers are working on in regards to a more advanced inventory system and when we can expect to see these changes.

Thank you,

Jared

Hi Jared,

At this time we have a fairly basic inventory system, but it works for a majority of our customers. We have made many refinements and improvements over the last year, we now have an in App interface that will allow you to easily adjust inventory, such as when you receive an order or do a manual count.

In terms of expanding it from a basic inventory system to a much more powerful one... This is something that we want to do and probably will do eventually, however the current system satisfies most of our customers needs and we have many projects that are prioritized ahead of this.

Thanks,

Rafael

"we now have an in App interface that will allow you to easily adjust inventory, such as when you receive an order or do a manual count."

I was unaware of that. How do we access this? Thanks. Is there a way to compare physical inventory (when we do a manual count) VS "Starting inventory - sales"?

Hi Zinque,

This is accessed via the Management Area in the App under Inventory.

At this time there is not a report that shows that. I will pass the suggestion along.

Thanks,

Rafael

I looked at the inventory management and it does not seem to be working. When we add an item, we just get a spinning wheel.

In any case, I am not convinced this is the way inventory changes should be recorded, as it does not keep a record of changes. A very basic inventory system should let us:

1- Create a purchase order just by pulling-up the list of ingredients and levels of inventory. Then email this purchase order to providers directly from the iPad.

2- When we receive this order, we should be able to just pull it up, adjust quantities if needed (some items not received for example), and that would be automatically added to the inventory.

3- Enter a real physical inventory at any time (by counting bottles and food items). This inventory would then replace the "current" inventory and a waste report (comparing this inventory VS sales) would be generated.

Those are really the main functions we should have, and it would be of HUGE value to any restauranteur. Allowing us to place orders in a much more efficient way. This is especially true for restaurants with multiple locations. 

Then, for waste for example, we could use a system as it is now. But we should have a way to pull a report that shows everything that has been deducted from inventory and at which date.

Couldn't have said it better Zinque. I strongly agree this additions would be of a huge value.

any updates on the inventory system? roadmap of some features at least? knowing it is already in the process of implementation is good enough

Is there a security function to prevent un-authorized cashiers from accessing the inventory function. From what I found, any cashier can use this feature. Makes it pretty easy for someone to steal by manually removing items from inventory. The only way to disable it is to restrict servers from accessing their own server summary. Unfortunately this also prevents them from tilling in and out. 

*** Actually there are several functions in the "Server Functions -> Management Area that I would like to disable. The only thing a server should be able to access is Sales Totals and Server Reconciliation. All of the other items cause security concerns when accessed by a server.

Hi David,

What is visible depends on the access level of the user.

I recommend that you call support (855-528-8457), they would be happy to go over the various settings with you. Our support is open 24/7.

Thanks,

Rafael

Hi All,

One Vote for me. Thank you all you guy for such a great idea on adding this important feature.

Any updates on this? I think Rafael mentioned that it was worked on. Do we have any kind of ETA?

We are about to buy a software for inventory management, but would much rather keep it in Poslavu if it is coming.

Hi Zinque, 

We do not have a solid ETA. Dev is working on this, but it has not been completed or tested. Please remain patient. The team has been working diligently, and have been adding some great enhancements to our software. 

David Miles 
Lavu 

zinque your post of 28 Oct is great but I cant see any amendments to Lavu inventory addressing all that. It's a shame, cos what you've outlined is exactly how it should work. 

BlackMambo, make sure you vote for it ;-)

We have been evaluating a few inventory systems lately, and I believe that the following features are very important:

1- We need to be able to enter inventory quickly on the iPad. That is very important so that bartenders or kitchen staff can do it. 

It means that inventory should be organized by location (Like "kitchen", "refrigerator", "shelves", "bar"), and that the entering process must be quick and efficient (all products on the same page, and every time you enter a field it moves automatically to next field). It is too difficult and time-consuming on an iPad to enter inventory on a spreadsheet that was designed for a full size computer.

2- We need to be able to easily email purchase orders to vendors. We should be able to just create a purchase order from our inventory screen (where current inventory and par levels are indicated). From the inventory we should be able to just "check" which items we want to order and then adjust quantities.

We should either be able to pull an inventory per supplier, from which we would create the purchase order. Or use a main inventory scene and purchase orders would automatically be created for each vendor.

3- When we receive what we ordered, we should be able to quickly pull that order on the iPad, and adjust quantities and click on a "received" button. At that time that order would be added to inventory.

Such a system would be great. David, do you think you can forward this to developers? We would also be happy to be beta testers if needed. As posted, we have been trying a lot of different systems and have a pretty good idea of how it should work.

Thanks.

I have just started entering my inventory and i agree with improving the inventory system as it is very basic at the time

Extremely frustrated with LAVU. Lack of robust real time/enterprise inventory management, logs to track user activity while making inventory changes, lack of true COGS reporting, No Labor/Sales reporting, we need granular reporting access for different levels of staffs and managers, LLS should be able to run capture and batch online. How can real businesses grow with LAVU? Instead of focusing on fancy reporting that we don't need. Stop wasting time sending people to go to NRA and play PGA golf and hire more qualified developers to resolve and focus on client's requests and just get it done. Our LLS software was updated few days ago and it created major issues. Orders not printed, drawers not opening, inventory is not being deducted. No accountability from Lavu for all the negative things that transpired.

alvapreville and HP_LA, please vote on this at the top of the thread. We all need to make it very clear to Poslavu that it is the number one feature needed from restauranteurs, and that it is not normal that it is lacking from the POS.

Thanks!

I´m considering this POS system for my restaurant. I have to agree with "zinque". Inventory management is really crucial, time consuming and expensive, given the labor costs. There aren't many POS systems out there with a proper inventory management feature. If POS LAVU gets this done, I can't imagine a restaurant manager that wouldn't buy it.

I´m considering this POS system for my restaurant. I have to agree with "zinque". Inventory management is really crucial, time consuming and expensive, given the labor costs. There aren't many POS systems out there with a proper inventory management feature. If POS LAVU gets this done, I can't imagine a restaurant manager that wouldn't buy it.

Lavu has some inventory features but you can also use Quickbooks and their recently acquired company lettuce, together you will have the full accounting, management and inventory you need

I looked into Lettuce. It is an inventory management system for online stores to manage orders, etc.

It is not adapted to restaurant business with the features we have been discussing in this thread.