djenks

Gift Card tracking??

13 posts in this topic

Has POSLavu started any work to implement gift card software so that users can sell magnetic strip gift cards via the POS system? (something like seen at this website http://www.magjestic.com/index.php)

If not, does anyone out there recommend a third party iPad app that reads magnetic cards and tracks balances and whatnot?

Our gift card system at the restaurant leaves a lot to be desired, and the implementation of this seems like a no-brainer.

POS Lavu does currently support gift cards that are handled by your credit card processor. I use Mercury for my integrating credit card processing, Their gift card program is actually free there is no monthly fee, all you pay for the gift card itself. While this is generally how gift cards or handle I would love to see POS Lavu Implement something so that people who are not using integrated credit cards can still take advantage of gift cards.

I very much appreciate this reply, I have sent an email to Mercury and i'll be interested to see what services they offer. Thank You!!

djenks, just FYI Mercury has been amazing and I highly recommend them. If you ever need support they actually have a live person answer the phone and are actually helpful... much different then past experiences.. good luck!

djenks,

I agree with Rafael. Mercury is a great company, and I've heard great things about their customer tracking program. Eventually we would like to have our software implement a tracking system, and hopefully that gets put in a future update soon. If you do have any questions or concerns, please email or call support as much as possible, or message me on the forums.

David Miles

Lavu

I also want to chime in and let everyone know that I have had amazing success with Mercury's tech support and customer service. They have always been knowledgeable and reliable every time I work with them.

Has POSLavu started any work to implement gift card software so that users can sell magnetic strip gift cards via the POS system? (something like seen at this website http://www.magjestic.com/index.php)

If not, does anyone out there recommend a third party iPad app that reads magnetic cards and tracks balances and whatnot?

Our gift card system at the restaurant leaves a lot to be desired, and the implementation of this seems like a no-brainer.

freedoms and options always good! So we dont have to stay with just one credit card processor for a free gift card program !

Sushiguy,

Will you please vote on the feature request up top? The more votes we get through the community, the more inclined development would be to put a rush on this.

David Miles

Lavu

Sushiguy,

Will you please vote on the feature request up top? The more votes we get through the community, the more inclined development would be to put a rush on this.

David Miles

Lavu

yes,

please integrate gift cards to Lavu POS!!.... We are a new client for Lavu, from Micros, and don't understand why the gift cards have not been implemented with the Lavu system. Gift Cards have been around for years and to sell a system to a restaurant that does not have integrated gift cards is absurd! We were told gift cards and Loyalty Cards were possible. We are running a LLS and still on Lavu 2.3. Lavu 3.0 was a disaster and we had to downgrade to 2.3 so as of this date, we can not run gift and loyalty cards!!!! Come on Lavu...get with the times!!!!

We use eCard Systems Mobile app.  That way we have the flexibility to change merchant service choice without a problem and are not tied in.  Very good to work with.  All it takes is a swipe with fingers on iPad to change to that program  We were able to convert numbers from old Aloha gift card system.  Just list gcards as a payment type and reconcile the reports at end of day.  Ccard swipes read the card and it can also read from camera if there is a prob  

Dear LAVU, 

We just want a GIFT CARD option that is not TIED to a processor. There are rumours of Loyal tree being brought onboard.  I hope that any program that Lavu ties into will be able to read any new cards and not just be a whole new proccessor/program tie-in.

If you currently have Micros or Aloha gift cards and are converting to Lavu we can convert balances and allow you to accept the card within Lavu. We also have a back end reporting option that will allow you to track sales and redemption. 

This option will work with any Tgate/Bridgepay encrypted swiper. 

If you have questions feel free to call us.

Kyle Morgan

Lavu@mpiprocessing.com

store.mpiprocessing.com 

800-518-5020