Pizzaiolo

Cash input column

Question

Hi there,

I have a problem with one of my locations. The girls at the end of the shift put their tips by mistake under the cash column. They take that credit card tip. I never get it from mercury and that becomes a problem. Is there a way to disable the cash column? I dont understand why is there in first place. Nobody reports their cash tips. Just curious if someone else is having this problem and if there is a way to avoid it. 

Thank you!

post-11-0-75223200-1398270994_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

Hello,

Thank you for your post!

I want to confirm that I am understanding your request and graphic correctly:

1. You want the ability to disable the cash tip functionality in the app tip input screen.
  2. You want the order ID's to be shortened to the last two (2) digits in the app tip input screen.

Once I have these observations confirmed, I will submit the enhancement request to our Development Team.

Furthermore, regarding the tips entered in the wrong data field, Mercury should be able to apply those tips through their system. Mercury customer service can be reached at 800-846-4472 and they are available 24 / 7.

I guess lavu has this covered from the IRS standpoint. But with the tip input screen set up this way, I have had my servers input cc tips as cash tips. I understand this could be avoided with more training. In my experience with other pos systems, servers were only prompted to enter cc tips for individual cc sales. Then before the running the server summary, prompted to enter cash tips in this way. offered a chance to claim 10% of cash sales as tips or a custom amount. What a mess when the servers enter cc tips in the wrong column. Lavu on.

Pizzaiolo - for future reference you can call Mercury and have them charge tips to credit cards the following day so you do not lose out on those funds. I have had to do this when we've mistakenly batched prematurely, and it was simple to take care of over the phone.