sushiguy

can not log in or using at all

Question

41 answers to this question

The option to switch data centers seems to have been temporarily removed. However, I think the issue is quickly being fixed. My system is back up and running. Hopefully everyone else's will be soon! I recommend exiting out of your system every 5-10 min and then re-opening to see if it is fixed.

FYI - On Cumulus, I exited the location and re-logged on then reloaded settings.  Still working for us.

Steven Moore - In the "back end" hit the home icon and you will see three data centers on the lower left.  Click on any one ONCE, then reload your settings.

This brings up a conversation that I had with Lavu nearly 18 months ago and that was a line of communication with their customers. Rather than not answering the phone, granted because you can't since 2000 people are trying to call you, there is a contact number for each account and a text/e-mail/something can be sent relaying pertinent info. Whether it be possible work-arounds to try or simply "grab a pen and paper and go old school kids, this is gonna be a while"

I am not very tech savvy, truth be told I am the complete opposite of tech savvy, but I am sure that a mass text/e-mail/something could be sent out in a matter of seconds if it was set up beforehand

just a thought!!

although I do love this site and communicating with all of you

thanks

D

We also went down tonight, right as our scheduled event of 50 people showed up (that's a lot for this little cafe).  I am with dvc - I think some kind of mass e-mail or text would be very helpful, especially if the fix is a simple one like switch data centers.  Not having any idea of what is going on is the worst.  I'm glad all of you started this forum thread.  It was about the 4th thing I thought of, after resetting my routers, reloading the lavu app, etc.  

I had been with LAVU since 2012. this is not the first time that something like this happen. But this time it was the worst! because we couldn't access backend to switch data center. So very hopeless !! also Couldn't operate iPad in offline mode too....Don't know what to say. :no:

Hello, 

I apologize for the issues tonight. Our engineers are still researching what happened. All users should have full system use at this time. Support has returned every voicemail we received, and are responding to all emails at this time, as well.

We called in all staff for this issue, and we are doing everything in our power to make sure our customers know that this issue was resolved as quickly as possible. I genuinely apologize for any inconvenience to you and your business. 

Thank you for your patience!

While LAVU was down (on and off for well over an hour) our bartenders and servers worked in offline mode with the expectation that the orders put in during that time would merge with the rest of the system once we were back online. This unfortunately did not happen. All of the orders added or new tabs created while offline disappeared completely. Our staff was able to recall from memory and reenter a portion of the items/tabs, but a good number of things were lost. So a lot of our customers got a nice, smaller-than-expected bill this evening. Significant loss of revenue for us.  

Hello,

I would suggest that you contact support to make sure that all your devices have properly returned to online mode.

All devices in use were returned to online mode as soon as it came available, so that we could continue service. If any device had been left in offline mode the server would have brought it to my attention throughout the remainder of the evening because they would not be able to run credit cards or access other server tabs (our servers share tabs and tip pool). I can double check tomorrow that all devices are online, but I doubt that is an issue.

However, the outage has also somehow deleted our till in and paid in/out numbers. When the manager on duty performed the till out function for the evening and went to review the summary for the night, the summary showed our till out count as "till in" and blanks or zero dollars on the rest of the summary. Additionally, the entire till summary report from the previous day is missing (says there is no report to display). I am no longer in front of the register but will be calling this in to Lavu Support tomorrow.   

Since we can't reply directly to Andy Lim's post, I'll reply here.

First, sh*t happens.  I think we all get that.  And when it does, the first thing that panicked customers will do is waste precious time debugging their own network to make sure the problem isn't on the local side.  Next, we flood the support lines.  Because of this rush, most everyone will have a long wait on hold or not get through at all.

So what did Lavu do wrong?  They should have a crisis response procedure that not only works to solve the technical problem, which they did, but includes a communication procedure, which either they didn't have or it was insufficient.

Not until RafaelIT posted a message here was there any communication about the problem and how to potentially fix it (the fix worked for us, by the way, exiting the location).  But to find that, I had to think about maybe looking at the community bulletin board, then find the right thread.

Meanwhile, I spent 30 minutes on the phone, during rush, listening to a nice lady tell me that loads of support was available online (the generic message).

Nothing was posted on the home screen of the admin site.

Nothing was put into a special "crisis" message for on-hold support customers.  This alone would have saved us 30 minutes of lost business and chaos during our busiest time period.

Any crisis response plan worth a damn includes communication with those affected as its primary component.  And that means during the problem.  Not afterwards in a CEO "sorry, but look how fast we fixed it" type of message.  That is just PR.

-Jim

Hello, 

I apologize for the issues tonight. Our engineers are still researching what happened. All users should have full system use at this time. Support has returned every voicemail we received, and are responding to all emails at this time, as well.

We called in all staff for this issue, and we are doing everything in our power to make sure our customers know that this issue was resolved as quickly as possible. I genuinely apologize for any inconvenience to you and your business. 

Thank you for your patience!

I have not received any type of call back from support at all, and considering we are Beta testers, well.......

I have not received any type of call back from support at all, and considering we are Beta testers, well.......

Hello,

I looked into this and I do see where you called in and left a message. Unfortunately it appears that message never made it to our ticket system, so our staff never saw it, I am sorry about that. We received over a hundred voicemails in a matter of a couple minutes so it is possible that something in the system was just overwhelmed, I will have to follow up with our phone provider to make sure that does not happen again.

Thanks,

Rafael