eckenroed

Bluetooth Bar Code Scanners & Label Printers

3 posts in this topic

I think POS Lavu could really advance their POS with some more barcode support.

For reading barcodes, either using the cameras on iPads, iPods (similar to other apps out there). Or by using hardware barcode scanners such as Linea Pro or bluetooth Barcode Scanners. 

Here are some potential uses

Customer Billing

I have been to bars where as customers come in, they are required to put on a wristband that has barcodes on them. These wristbands are attached to a credit card. Then each time the customer orders a drink, the server or bartender simply scans the barcode to pull up their order. This way the correct drink is on the correct tab and people can't give wrong tab info for a drink. 

Inventory

Being able to attach a barcode to an inventory item allowing us to scan the barcodes on our products to help make inventory more speedy. 

Employee access

The idea has been thrown around to allow employees access by a card swipe (similar to how other POS do it). On the PIN screen if an employee bar code is scanned, it logs them in automatically. Great for manager overrides. 

Menu Ordering

Have a special menu? Put small bar codes under each item. When the customer is ordering, the server simply scans the item to add it to the ticket. 

The idea is that there are a lot of uses. Probably some that I can't even think of. 

As for the bar codes, either a USB (via Airport Express) Barcode printer (they even have barcode wristband printers), or pre-made bar-code labels that can be attached. (so a tab is created, and then an option to assign bar code where you scan the barcode you are assigning to the tab, and then it's linked up). 

Not a crucial feature, but a way to open doors in the future to more options. 

QR Codes would work with this idea as well. 

Hi Ben, 

Thanks for posting. We would like to get bar code scanning and QR codes into the POS Lavu system. There is an option to scan URLs with the infinea tab, but we are still looking for more options. Like you said, this isn't crucial, but it's a feature that would really advance our point of sale. 

I'd also like to see more RFID scanning access, especially for employee clock ins and applied discounts. 

David Miles 

Lavu 

eckenroed

i believe our Deli would benefit a lot from all these options, hope the Lavu team adds all these features soon, specially the Inventory and Customer billing ideas you mentioned, these are nice different features when it comes to selecting a POS system.  Another thing i´m trying to add to these barcode printing is to automate a weight/scale info to a barcode item and introduced to the inventory.