steveanderson

3.02 Issues?

Question

I tried to update to 3.02 today and I was seeing issues with syncing. The issue was different to the 3.01 (which was creating 2 separate orders for the same table when different ordering devices were used, with no way of merging the orders). This time Syncing across devices was just inconsistent with the orders syncing on some devices and not on others. Drinks orders would go through to the KDS and then not show up on any order at all, just lost into thin air. 

I called support... Basically, I was told that there are no known syncing issues and it must be a network issue on my end. My reasoning tells me it is a software issue because when we run Lavu Retro this doesn't happen at all and if it was a network/wifi issue it would be happening on this version too. The support staff member added an order from his end which showed up in open orders but not in the dinning room view and when he sent a drink order it didn't show up at all. He insisted that because he could not replicate the problem on his end that I was seeing, that it must be an issue with my network. When I told him that doesn't make sense because in retro this isn't happening, he told me to take a video of the problem and send that to support. Sorry mate, but I have a restaurant to run right now so back to the retro version of Poslavu. After 3 attempts of updating to the current lavu version with the same syncing each time to be told that's not an issue really annoys the crap out of me. I've been such a huge fan of poslavu but this update is hopeless for us!

Anyone else having issues?

Edited by steveanderson

5 answers to this question

My syncing has actually been better than ever with the 3.0.2 update (it was horrible with 3.0.1, to the point where I had to instruct my servers to only use one of the 3 iPads in our two-level cafe and not even try with handheld devices).
What I AM having issues with are my Heartland Gift Cards. The amount specified will be subtracted from the gift card (I know this for a fact because we still have dial-up terminals for gift and loyalty transactions), however it won't reflect on the bill whatsoever. No gift card transactions show up on the server reports at all as having even registered, for that matter.
Heartland gift cards worked like a charm in 3.0.1, I don't understand why they would just stop registering in the new update. Curious.

Hi Steve,

Overall we have seen a much improved experience for most customers who were having issues with syncing as they migrate to 3.0.2. Several adjustments were made in 3.0.2 related to syncing.

Were all your devices on 3.0.2? Leaving one on a previous Lavu version could cause an issue.

brownsadaat,

We are currently looking info the issue with Heartland Giftcards.

Thanks,

Rafael

Hi Rafael, 

Yes, I updated all devices to 3.02 prior to testing. I'll try again when I have a few hours up my sleeve so I can try and figure if there is any consistency in the issue.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,

We have the same issues with syncing and disappearing orders since upgrading to 3.0.2, and were also told it must be a problem with our local network. Orders will disappear entirely, items will print to kitchen but not save to order, trouble saving signatures and adjusting tips... Had none of these problems in Lavu Retro.

Are you on Lavu Local Server? We use it but I'm considering trying the cloud-based Lavu again.

Hope these bugs all get fixed soon, it's otherwise a great product.

Greg

Had to revert to LAVU retro.  3.0.2 Decided to allow you to pre auth capture on the credit card, yet lavu on the front end shows the pre auth still open.  Even if you close the tab, you cant put the tip in for the order.

Frustrating.